To participate in our Trade Credit Program, bring in your unwanted books. We will assess a value for the books that can be applied for 50% off any used book we have in stock, which includes Bank of Books, Abednego Book Shoppe and our warehouses.
Book Trade Center & Drop-Off Location:Abednego Book Shoppe 2682 E. Main Street Ventura, CA 93003
- We accept trade at Abednego Book Shoppe during our regular business hours (Mon-Sat, 9:30 am - 5:30 pm and Sun, 12:30 - 4:30 pm). Please use the back entrance near the parking lot, located off of S. Borchard Drive for easiest access.
- Please call for an appointment to drop off more than 10 boxes at a time; otherwise you can bring books in during regular business hours.
- Please bring your books in boxes or bags. We may not always have boxes or bags available for your use.
- A staff member will take your information, including a phone number. You are not required to remain in the store as we accept all books that are 'family-friendly'.
- It takes approximately 1-3 days to evaluate your trade. Once that process is complete, you will be contacted with the amount of trade credit you received and an updated trade credit total for your account.
- Trade credit can be used towards 50% off any used book we have in stock at both Bank of Books, Abednego Book Shoppe and our warehouses (excludes discounted books).
Policies & Other Information:
- Please note that all trade is considered final. Once a book has been processed for stock, we're unable to return it to you.
- You're also welcome to drop books off as a donation, in which case we won't need any contact information.
- We do not directly purchase books.
- We are currently not accepting encyclopedias or magazines for trade.
- Please do not drop off non-book items such as home decor, electronics, etc.; they will not count toward trade credit.
Book Clubs - Upcoming Dates
Please check back. We will be announcing the dates and times in the near future.