I Survived the Children's Blizzard 1888 (Prebound)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 16 in the I Survived series.
- #1: I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 (Prebound): Email or call for price
- #2: I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #3: I Survived Hurricane Katrina, 2005 (Prebound): $15.53
- #4: I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 (Prebound): Email or call for price
- #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 (Prebound): $15.53
- #6: I Survived the Attacks of September 11th, 2001 (Prebound): Email or call for price
- #7: I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863 (Prebound): $15.53
- #8: I Survived the Japanese Tsunami 2011 (Prebound): $15.53
- #9: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944 (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, A.D. 79: Book 10 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #11: I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871 (Prebound): $15.53
- #12: I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011 (Prebound): Email or call for price
- #13: I Survived the Hindenburg Disaster, 1937 (I Survived #13) (Library Edition) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #14: I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 (I Survived #14) (Library Edition) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #15: I Survived the American Revolution, 1776 (Library Edition) (Library Binding): Email or call for price
- #17: I Survived the Attack of the Grizzlies, 1967 (Prebound): $14.63
- #18: I Survived the Battle of D-Day, 1944 (Prebound): $14.63
Eleven-year-old John Hale has already survived one brutal Dakota winter, and now he's about to experience one of the deadliest blizzards in American history. The storm of 1888 was a monster, a frozen hurricane that slammed into America's midwest without warning. Within hours, America's prairie would be buried under ten feet of snow. Hundreds would be dead, thousands terrified and lost and freezing.
John never wanted to move to the wide-open prairie. He's a city kid, not a tough pioneer But his inner strength is seriously tested when he finds himself trapped in the blinding snow, the wind like a giant crushing hammer, pounding him over and over again. Will John ever find his way home?
About the Author
Lauren Tarshis's New York Times bestselling I Survived series tells stories of young people and their resilience and strength in the midst of unimaginable disasters. Lauren has brought her signature warmth and exhaustive research to topics such as the September 11 attacks, the destruction of Pompeii, Hurricane Katrina, and the bombing of Pearl Harbor, among others. She lives in Westport, Connecticut, and can be found online at laurentarshis.com.
Book Clubs - Upcoming Dates
Please check back. We will be announcing the dates and times in the near future.