I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011 (Prebound)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the I Survived series.
- #1: I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 (Prebound): $14.63
- #2: I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916: A Graphic Novel (I Survived Graphic Novel #2) (I Survived Graphix #2) (Hardcover): $22.49
- #3: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944: A Graphic Novel (I Survived Graphic Novel #3) (I Survived Graphix #3) (Hardcover): $22.49
- #4: Courageous Creatures (I Survived True Stories #4) (Hardcover): $23.39
- #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 (Prebound): $15.53
- #6: I Survived the Attacks of September 11th, 2001 (Large Print / Library Binding): Email or call for price
- #7: I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863 (Prebound): $16.56
- #8: I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011 (Prebound): $15.53
- #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, 79 A.D. (Prebound): $15.53
- #11: I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871 (Prebound): $15.53
- #13: I Survived the Hindenburg Disaster, 1937 (I Survived #13) (Library Edition) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #14: I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 (I Survived #14) (Library Edition) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #15: I Survived the American Revolution, 1776 (Prebound): $15.30
- #16: I Survived the Children’s Blizzard, 1888 (I Survived #16) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #17: I Survived the Attack of the Grizzlies, 1967 (Prebound): $14.63
- #18: I Survived the Battle of D-Day, 1944 (Prebound): $14.63
- #19: I Survived The Great Molasses Flood, 1919 (I Survived #19) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #21: I Survived the Galveston Hurricane, 1900 (I Survived #21) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
The next book in the "New York Times" bestselling I Survived series will place readers right in the middle of the deadly Joplin Tornado of 2011.
The 2011 Joplin tornado was a catastrophic tornado that struck Joplin, Missouri in 2011. It was part of a larger tornado outbreak in the spring of that year and reached a maximum width of nearly 1 mile during its path through the southern part of the city, killing 158 people, injuring over 1,000 and caused damages amounting to a total of $2.8 billion, making it the costliest single tornado in U.S. history. Lauren will bring her signature intensity to this distinctly American natural disaster, placing a young boy in the middle of one of the deadliest tornado to strike the United States since 1947.
About the Author
Lauren Tarshis is the editor of Scholastic's Storyworks magazine and group editorial director for language arts for Scholastic classroom magazines, in addition to being the author of the New York Times Bestselling I Survived series and the critically acclaimed novels "Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree" and "Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell in Love." She lives in Westport, Connecticut, and can be found online at www.laurentarshis.com.
Book Clubs - Upcoming Dates
Please check back. We will be announcing the dates and times in the near future.