Middle School: Get Me Out of Here! (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Middle School series.
- #1: Middle School, The Worst Years of My Life (Paperback): $7.20
- #3: Middle School: Big Fat Liar (Hardcover): $12.59
- #4: Middle School: How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli, and Snake Hill (Hardcover): $12.59
- #5: Middle School: Ultimate Showdown (Hardcover): $12.59
- #6: Middle School: Save Rafe! (Hardcover): $12.59
- #7: Middle School: Just My Rotten Luck (Hardcover): $12.59
- #8: Middle School: Dog's Best Friend (Hardcover): $12.59
- #9: Middle School: Escape to Australia (Hardcover): $12.59
- #10: Middle School: From Hero to Zero (Hardcover): $12.59
- #11: Middle School: Born to Rock (Hardcover): $12.59
- #12: Middle School: Master of Disaster (Hardcover): $12.59
- #13: Middle School: Field Trip Fiasco (Hardcover): $12.59
- #14: Middle School: It's a Zoo in Here! (Hardcover): $12.59
- #15: Middle School: Winter Blunderland (Hardcover): $12.59
Live large with James Patterson's winning follow-up to the #1 New York Times bestsellerMiddle School, The Worst Years of My Life.
After sixth grade, the very worst year of his life, Rafe Khatchadorian thinks he has it made in seventh grade. He's been accepted to art school in the big city and imagines a math-and-history-free fun zone. Wrong! It's more competitive than Rafe ever expected, and to score big in class, he needs to find a way to turn his boring life into the inspiration for a work of art. His method? Operation: Get a Life! Anything he's never done before, he's going to do it, from learning to play poker to going to a modern art museum. But when his newest mission uncovers secrets about the family Rafe's never known, he has to decide if he's ready to have his world turned upside down.
About the Author
James Patterson holds the Guinness World Record for the most #1 New York Times bestsellers, and his books have sold more than 350 million copies worldwide. A tireless champion of the power of books and reading, Patterson created a children's book imprint, JIMMY Patterson, whose mission is simple: "We want every kid who finishes a JIMMY Book to say, 'PLEASE GIVE ME ANOTHER BOOK.'" He has donated more than one million books to students and soldiers and funds over four hundred Teacher Education Scholarships at twenty-four colleges and universities. He has also donated millions to independent bookstores and school libraries. Patterson invests proceeds from the sales of JIMMY Patterson Books in pro-reading initiatives.
Praise for Middle School: Get Me out of Here!A #1 New York Times Bestseller
An Indiebound Bestseller
One of Barnes & Noble's Best Books of 2012
"Patterson and Tebbetts have created strong characters and relationships throughout the novel. Rafe has his triumphs and failures, but he's a realistic kid whom readers would want as a friend and coconspirator."—School Library Journal
"Will be enjoyed by middle-grade boys, particularly reluctant readers."—VOYA
"Short chapters and a partially graphic format are sure to appeal."—Booklist
Praise for Middle School, The Worst Years of My Life:A #1 New York Times BestsellerA #1 Indiebound BestsellerA 2012 Top Ten Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Readers
* "As Patterson artfully weaves a deeper and more thought-provoking tale of childhood coping mechanisms and everyday school and family realities, readers are drawn into a deeper understanding of and compassion for the main characters."—School Library Journal, starred review
"A keen appreciation of kids' insecurities and an even more astute understanding of what might propel boy readers through a book.... a perfectly pitched novel."—Los Angeles Times
"Cleverly delves into the events that make middle school so awkward: cranky bus drivers, tardy slips, bathroom passes and lots of rules.... Hopefully, this isn't the last we hear from Rafe Khatchadorian."—The Associated Press
"It's a chatty, funny, engaging book.... filled with energetic cartoons... that will appeal to your little rebel, depicting teachers as dungeon-keepers, matadors and flying dragons. Patterson... knows how to structure a plot and builds in some surprising--even touching--twists.... Rafe is the bad boy with a heart of gold."—New York Times
"The book's... dynamic artwork and message that 'normal is boring' should go a long way toward assuring kids who don't fit the mold that there's a place for them, too."—Publishers Weekly
"Incredibly detailed and imaginative illustrations... add depth and humor.... an enjoyable story that even the most reluctant readers should enjoy."—Library Media Connection
"There is substance as well as appeal here.... Patterson deftly manages the pace of revelations that take readers deeper into Rafe's fragile trust.... Readers ready for something else in the same vein but more substantive than Kinney's Diary of a Wimpy Kid or Peirce's Big Nate should be introduced to Rafe."—The Bulletin
Book Clubs - Upcoming Dates
Please check back. We will be announcing the dates and times in the near future.