You Can't Eat Your Chicken Pox, Amber Brown (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Amber Brown series.
- #1: Amber Brown Is Not a Crayon (Paperback): $6.29
- #3: Amber Brown Goes Fourth (Paperback): $6.29
- #4: Amber Brown Wants Extra Credit (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #5: Forever Amber Brown (Paperback): $6.29
- #6: Amber Brown Sees Red (Paperback): $6.29
- #7: Amber Brown Is Feeling Blue (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #8: I, Amber Brown (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #9: Amber Brown is Green with Envy (Paperback): $7.19
- #10: Amber Brown Is Tickled Pink (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #11: Amber Brown Is on the Move (Paperback): $7.19
- #12: Amber Brown Horses Around (Paperback): Email or call for price
Even when surprises come from all directions, Amber Brown is always bold, bright, and colorful. #Amber Brown is out now on Apple TV+
It's finally summer and Amber Brown is going to London to visit her aunt Pam and then to Paris to visit with her father. She is one excited kid before she goes. And one itchy kid when she arrives.
Mosquito bites, she thinks. Chicken pox, she finds out.
Is her vacation completely ruined? And now that she can't go to Paris, how will she be able to convince her dad to move back home?
About the Author
Born in Washington, D.C., and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Beginning her career as a teacher, Danziger taught at the junior high, high school, college levels. She received her Masters Degree in reading and during that time she wrote her first bestselling novel, The Cat Ate My Gymsuit. She returned to teaching, but the success of her book encouraged her to become a full-time writer. It was non-stop for Danziger since then. Among her titles are: the enormously popular Amber Brown books as well as Remember Me To Harold Square, The Divorce Express, and Can You Sue Your Parents For Malpractice? Danziger received numerous honors, including: Parent's Choice Awards, International Reading Association - Children's Book Council Awards, a IRA-CBC Children's Choice Award and many nominations for state reading and library association awards.
Known as a flamboyantly funny and deeply honest writer and speaker, Paula Danziger knew how to relate to young readers at their level. She was vital, funny, and compassionate. She knew how kids felt, what made them laugh, what they wore, collected, read, and played with. From collecting novelty toys that would make any teacher cringe, to wearing jangly earrings, funky glasses and shoes covered with beads and sequins, Paula Danziger had a direct line into kids' hearts and funnybones. She will be missed always.
In Paula's memory, The Amber Brown Fund has been established to bring authors and illustrators to schools and libraries which otherwise could not afford them. Donations may be sent to The Amber Brown Fund/ SCBWI Museum of Children’s Books, 8271 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048.
Tony Ross lives in London, England.
Book Clubs - Upcoming Dates
Please check back. We will be announcing the dates and times in the near future.